She had a tremendous passion for the ocean and marine life and volunteered many hours at the New England Aquarium while in high school and college.
What does NEAq stand for?
NEAq stands for New England Aquarium (Boston, MA, USA)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Neighbourhood Equipped Areas for Play (UK real estate development)
- Newspaper Economic Action Plan (American Press Institute)
- Northeast Area Partnership
- Nottingham Early Assessment Package (communication development)
- Network Enhancing Academic Practice in Higher Education
- New England Apple Pest Management Guide
- Near Earth Asteroid Physical Studies (University of Western Ontario; Ontario, Canada)
- New England Aquatic Plant Society
- New England Association of Personnel Services (professional group)
- Nutrition Education at Primary School
- New England Air Quality Study
- National Emergency Alarm Repeater System
- National Energy Assistance Referral
- Near East Asian Region
- Near-Earth Asteroid Rendezvous (Spacecraft launched 17 February 1996 on a 3-year journey to Eros)
- Network Event Alert Reporting Network Event Alert Reporting
- NorthEast Area Roundabouts
- Notification Events for Applications in Retail (ARTS standard for interprocess communication)
- North-East Asian Regional Global Ocean Observing System
- New England Akita Rescue Alliance (Concord, NH)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A 655-pound leatherback sea turtle that was found stranded and near death off the tip of Cape Cod was taken to the New England Aquarium and released back into the water following treatment.
The New England Aquarium, an AZA-accredited institution, has been researching the world's rarest large whale in an effort to save this species from extinction.
95 Paperback QL79 This companion to a PBS television program about aquariums provides a look behind the scenes at the New England Aquarium in Boston, the John G.
The NIST scientists worked with scientists and volunteers from the New England Aquarium, the Northeast Stranding Network, the NMFS and the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute to obtain samples for inclusion in the NMMTB.
Of the identified causes of death among the highly imperiled North Atlantic right whales, ship collisions cause the largest share--about 30 percent, says whale biologist Philip Hamilton of the New England Aquarium in Boston.
The New England aquarium says it has no plans to remove marine species from its menu.