Their theories led to creation of the New Deal for Young People, a British government program intended to get 18- to 24-year-olds back on the job after extended unemployment.
What does NDYP stand for?
NDYP stands for New Deal for Young People (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NDYP
- Niger Delta Youth Assembly
- Neodymium-Doped Yttrium-Aluminum-Garnet (lasing material used in near-infrared lasers)
- Nelson and District Youth Centre (Canada)
- New Democratic Youth of Canada
- Niger Delta Youth Coalition
- North Devon Yacht Club (UK)
- Norwich Deaf Youth Club (Norwich, Norfolk, UK)
- New Democratic Youth League (Singapore)
- Niger Delta Youth Movement (Nigeria)
- North Devon Youth Offending Team (UK)
- North Dakota Young Professionals (est. 2006; Bismarck, ND)
- Natural Disaster Youth Summit (Kobe, Japan)
- Now Discover Your Strengths (workshop)
- Nanaimo and District Youth Soccer Association (Canada)
- North Dakota Youth Soccer Association
- No Discharge Zones (body of water in which discharge of boat sewage is prohibited)
- No Drama Zone
- Nederlands Dames Zitvolleybal Team
- Nach Elfmeterschießen (German soccer)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For example, he said that the New Deal for Young People, a British government initiative aimed at getting 18-24-year-olds back on the job market after long spells of unemployment, "is very much based on our work".
However, if a trainee does not receive wages from his/her employer and is in one of the following groups, he/she is not entitled to the National Minimum Wage: New Deal for Young People New Deal for those aged 25 or above Work Based Learning for Adults National Traineeships Other Youth training and Work Trial schemes Q.
He said: "The New Deal for Young People has reduced total and long-term youth claimant unemployment, and independent evaluation found that without New Deal, six month plus youth claimant unemployment would be twice as high.
Frank Field said the New Deal for Young People had so far cost pounds 1.
Last year we placed more than 2200 of our clients into employment through programmes such as New Deal for Young People, New Deal for Disabled People and Employment Zone.
Participants on the New Deal for Young People can access education and training as an option in itself or through one of the other options in employment or work in the environmental or voluntary sectors.