One of the most fascinating examples is found in Romans 16:2, where Phoebe is described as a "helper" in such translations as the Revised Standard Version and the New American Standard Bible.
What does NAS stand for?
NAS stands for New American Standard (bible version)
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of NAS
We have 400 other meanings of NAS in our Acronym Attic
- Network Analysis System (Alcatel)
- Network Application Support
- Network Attached Servers
- Network Attached Storage
- Network Automation System (software)
- Networked Attached Storage
- Networking Architecture and Storage (IEEE International Conference)
- Neuroanaesthesia Society (Birmingham, UK)
- New Accession States
- New American Schools
- New Associated States
- New Attack Submarine
- Next Action Star (TV Show)
- Nigerian Academy of Sciences
- Nikon Acquisition Syndrome (slang; urge to buy Nikon equipment or accessories)
- No Added Salt (dietary)
- Node Avionics Simulator
- Non Aliter Specificatus (Latin: Not Further Specified)
- Non-Access Stratum (3GPP)
- Non-Availability Statement
Samples in periodicals archive:
The translations that changed the wording to "You shall not murder" include the TANAKH (1962), the New American Standard Version (1971), the New International Version (1978), the New King James Version (1982), the New Revised Standard Version (1989) and the Revised English Bible (1989).
As a full-line bible publisher, Zondervan offers a family of bible translations, including the most-literal, the New American Standard Bible; most-readable, the New International Reader's Version (NIrV); best-known, the King James Version; and the most-clear, the Good News Translation.