The effects of manual toothbrushing (standard group, n = 31) were compared with those of tongue scraping, electric toothbrushing, and moisturizing (comprehensive group, n = 25) in intubated patients in a neuroscience ICU in a 2-year randomized clinical trial.
What does NICU-EP stand for?
NICU-EP stands for Neuroscience ICU (Intensive Care Unit) Continuous EEG (Electroencephalography) and Evoked Potential
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- National Information & Communication Technology Strategic Plan (Mauritius)
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Nepal International Consumers Union (Nepal)
- Network Interface Control Unit (Hekimian)
- Neurointensive Care Unit (healthcare)
- Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit (healthcare)
- Neurotrauma Intensive Care Unit (healthcare)
- Newborn Intensive Care Unit (various locations)
- North Island Credit Union (San Diego, CA)
- North Island Financial Union (also seen as North Island Financial Credit Union; aka NIFCU; California)
- National Investigations Committee on Unidentified Flying Objects
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Study (Australia)
- Northern Ireland Council for Voluntary Action
- National Institute of Cardio-Vascular Diseases (Pakistan)
- Nano Individual Combat Weapon (gaming, Red Faction II Weapon)
- National Independent Championship Wrestling
- Neural Information and Coding Workshop
- National Indian Child Welfare Association
- National Interfaith Committee for Worker Justice
- National Intelligence Center Weather Operations Cell
Samples in periodicals archive:
The neuroscience ICU nurse's perceptions about end-of-life care.
Findings from this study provide evidence of the multifaceted role of the neuroscience ICU nurse caring for TBI patients and can be used in future research investigating the impact of nursing interventions on patient outcomes.
The most restrictive was one of the neuroscience ICUs that allowed visitors into the unit for 10 minutes each hour.
Six hours later, during a routine hourly bedside neurological exam, one of the neuroscience ICU nurses discovered that JW's left pupil had become nonreactive to light.
Because of the need for continuous monitoring and intervention to control her blood pressure, she remained in the neuroscience ICU.
Case Study "Jane" was a 78-year-old female admitted to the neuroscience ICU following a large intraventricular hemorrhage.