NIA Move and get fit with NIA, neuromuscular integrative action, a combination of martial arts, yoga and free-form dance.
What does NIA stand for?
NIA stands for Neuromuscular Integrative Action (mind-body-spirit fitness technique)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NIA
We have 184 other meanings of NIA in our Acronym Attic
- Nearest International Airport
- Neoplasia Intra-Epitelial Anal (Portugese)
- Neotropical Ichthyological Association (est. 1989)
- Nerd Intelligence Agency
- Net Income Attributable
- Net Internal Area (internal building space)
- Network Indicate Address
- Network Infrastructure Administration
- Network Interface Adapter
- Neural Impulse Actuator (brain-computer interface)
- Nevis Island Administration
- New Indo-Aryan (linguistics)
- New Iraqi Army
- Newcastle International Airport (England; also see NCL)
- Nigerian Institute of Architects (est. 1960)
- Niigata International Association (Japan)
- No Information Available
- Non-Impact Aerobics (exercise)
- Non-Inflammatory Acne (dermatology)
- Non-Instructed Advocacy
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nia, which stands for Neuromuscular Integrative Action (and also means "with purpose" in Swahili), was established in 1983 when the fitness industry was bursting with high-impact aerobics classes and strenuous muscle-building workouts.