Researchers at the Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging at UCL used non-invasive, real-time brain imaging that enabled participants to watch their own brain activity on a screen, a technique known as neurofeedback.
What does NFB stand for?
NFB stands for Neurofeedback (biofeedback)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NFB
We have 50 other meanings of NFB in our Acronym Attic
- Northwest Frontier Addiction Technology Transfer Center
- National Foundation for Australian Women
- North Fork Animal Welfare League (Peconic, NY)
- Non-Full Academic Year (Oklahoma State Department of Education; Oklahoma City, OK)
- National Filipino American Youth Association
- National Federation of the Blind
- National Film Board of Canada
- Naval Frontier Base (US Navy)
- Needs Food Badly (gaming clan; World of Warcraft)
- Negative Feedback
- Never Fall Back
- No Fixed Bridges (real estate)
- No Fuse Breaker
- Normal for Bridgewater (music album)
- National Federation of the Blind of Arizona (Tucson, AZ)
- National Food Brokers Association (Washington, DC)
- National Frame Builders Association (Lawrence, Kansas)
- National Furniture Bank Association
- New Forest Bowling Association (UK)
- North Florida Broadband Authority (Tallahassee, FL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The technique - known as neurofeedback - has already had some success in helping people with Parkinson's disease.
Boston University post-doctoral fellow Kazuhisa Shibata designed and implemented a method using decoded fMRI neurofeedback to induce a particular activation pattern in targeted early visual areas that corresponded to a pattern evoked by a specific visual feature in a brain region of interest.
Study leader Prof David Linden, from the University of Cardiff, said: "This is the first time that this neurofeedback technique has been used with patients with Parkinson's disease.
He describes the neurofeedback process as being like a video game the child plays with their mind.
The clinic offers a five-week treatment programme including group sessions, art therapy, medicine and processes known as neurofeedback and transcranial magnetic stimulation.