The network management station manages the query process and organizes it in iterations and stages.
What does NMS stand for?
NMS stands for Network Management Station (Internet)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of NMS
We have 270 other meanings of NMS in our Acronym Attic
- Neonatal Maladjustment Syndrome
- Nephlim Modulation Systems (hip hop group)
- Nerviano Medical Sciences (oncology)
- Netscape Messaging Server
- NetWare Management System (Novel)
- Network Managed Services (Qwest)
- Network Management Services
- Network Management Signal (ITU-T)
- Network Management Software (Network Systems)
- Network Management Solution (Sprint)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Speaking about network management station installation, Archambeault says, "For this project, we hire the hands and knowledge to get an important piece of software (Cisco Works) up and running quickly.
RMON defines a way for SNMP-based network management stations to gather network statistics from probes placed at strategic locations on the network or embedded in routers, switches, and other network devices.
The routing intelligence for the system is provided by a route server, which tracks the topology of the entire system and is controlled through a GUI-based network management station.