According to the report, the new systems were designed to replace the more vulnerable Network Control Program (NCP) used previously, making sure the network was not exposed to a single point of failure.
What does NCP stand for?
NCP stands for Network Control Program
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of NCP
We have 279 other meanings of NCP in our Acronym Attic
- Nepali Congress Party
- Net Community Productivity
- Net Control Procedure
- NetWare Core Protocol
- Network and Communications Provider
- Network Community Profile
- Network Connection Point
- Network Control Panel
- Network Control Point
- Network Control Processor
- Network Control Project
- Network Control Protocol
- Networks Consolidation Program (US NASA)
- Neuro-Cybernetic Prosthesis
- Nevada Corporate Planners (Las Vegas, NV)
- New Chemicals Program (EPA)
- New Communities Program (various locations)
- New Community Project (various locations)
- New Conservative Party (Japan)
- New Construction Program (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
While this calls for significant changes in the key system-control programs, such as Vtam and the Network Control Program, no changes were needed in any terminals or cluster controllers, or in any operating system and subsystems such as CICS.
In 1969, Bryan implemented the IBM channel attachment to the ARPANET and his research team designed the first Network Control Program (NCP) for IBM mainframes, later TCP/IP.
NCC software, the network control program available for use with Coastcom multiplexers, is year 2000 compliant.
The new controller operates independently from both VTAM(a) and Network Control Program (NCP), which further reduces network operating expenses.