But how did it come to be named after a) a toxic triatomic particle or b) a subatomic particle with no net electric charge.
What does NEC stand for?
NEC stands for Net Electric Charge
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NEC
We have 366 other meanings of NEC in our Acronym Attic
- Navopache Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Navy Enlisted Classification
- Near East Consulting (Ramallah, Palestine)
- Near Eastern Civilizations (various schools)
- Necochea, Buenos Aires, Argentina - Necochea (Airport Code)
- Necromancer (Everquest)
- Necrotizing Enterocolitis
- Nederlands Elektrotechnisch Comite
- Nephrology Channel (website)
Samples in periodicals archive:
An interplay of forces results in a thin layer of water -where it meets the surface -with a net electric charge.
The polarized pairs essentially cancel each other out so that they do not "add" any net electric charge to the electron, Koltick says, but the cloud plays a key role in how the electromagnetic force from the electron is perceived.