This includes traditional non-interest bearing checking accounts and certain types of attorney trust accounts, as well as negotiable order of withdrawal (NOW) accounts with interest rates of 0.
What does NOW stand for?
NOW stands for Negotiable Order of Withdrawal
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NOW
We have 92 other meanings of NOW in our Acronym Attic
- Nonvolatile Random Access Memory
- National Office of Vital Statistics
- Nevada Office of Veterans Services (Reno, NV)
- Non Violent Action and Strategies for Social Change (Zimbabwe)
- Nederlandse Orde Van Uitvinders (Dutch Association of Inventors)
- Normally Open Vent Valve
- Nederlandse Organisatie Voor Wondverpleegkundigen (Dutch: Dutch Organization for Wound Nurses)
- National Orchestra of Wales (UK)
- National Organization for Women
- Navy Orderwire
- Neighbors on Watch (various locations)
- NetApp on the Web
- NetExpert Object Workspace (OSI)
- Network of the World (website)
- Network Of Workstations
- Network On Wheels (ADC Telecommunications - GSM)
- Network-grade Optical Wireless (Triton Network Systems)
- Never Open Wide
- New Opportunities for Women
- New Ordinances on the Web (published city laws)
Samples in periodicals archive:
One of their popular products was the negotiable order of withdrawal account--better known as a NOW account--which was a checking account with interest.
Still, the evidence shows that rates on negotiable order of withdrawal (NOW) accounts, savings deposits, and money market deposits have been very sticky.