High negative inspiratory pressure as produced by the patient's effort, regardless of breath holding method.
What does NIP stand for?
NIP stands for Negative Inspiratory Pressure
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NIP
We have 186 other meanings of NIP in our Acronym Attic
- Nederlands Institut Voor Onderzoek der Zee (Netherlands Institute for Sea Research)
- National Immigration Project (Boston, MA)
- National Immunization Program
- National Implementation Plan for the War on Terror
- National Indicative Programme
- National Intelligence Program
- NATO Interoperability Plan
- Natural Interest Person (US DoD)
- Naval Intelligence Professionals
- Near-Term Improvement Program
- Negative Ion Plasma
- Neighborhood Improvement Program
- Neighborhood Investment Program (various locations)
- Neoplasia Intra-Epitelial do Pénis (Portugese)
- Net Income Percentage
- Network Implementation Plan
- Network Information Project (now Nuclear Information Service; UK)
- Network Input Processor
- Neural Information Processing
- New Ideas Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
The magnitude of negative inspiratory pressure swings might thus decrease, preventing an increase in left ventricular afterload.
Maintenance of normal tidal volume in the face of increased upper airway resistance requires increased negative inspiratory pressure and increased velocity of air passing through the site of the narrowing.