Positive feedback is local, whereas negative feedback extends laterally, enhancing contrast between center and surround.
What does NFB stand for?
NFB stands for Negative Feedback
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NFB
We have 50 other meanings of NFB in our Acronym Attic
- National Fine Arts Title Registry (Nashville, TN)
- Northwest Frontier Addiction Technology Transfer Center
- National Foundation for Australian Women
- North Fork Animal Welfare League (Peconic, NY)
- Non-Full Academic Year (Oklahoma State Department of Education; Oklahoma City, OK)
- National Filipino American Youth Association
- National Federation of the Blind
- National Film Board of Canada
- Naval Frontier Base (US Navy)
- Needs Food Badly (gaming clan; World of Warcraft)
- Neurofeedback (biofeedback)
- Never Fall Back
- No Fixed Bridges (real estate)
- No Fuse Breaker
- Normal for Bridgewater (music album)
- National Federation of the Blind of Arizona (Tucson, AZ)
- National Food Brokers Association (Washington, DC)
- National Frame Builders Association (Lawrence, Kansas)
- National Furniture Bank Association
- New Forest Bowling Association (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Karen, I read about the negative feedback you received about your page [Karen The Editor's Page, O/N '05].
Here are a few examples: [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Negative feedback should be given in a respectful manner close to the time of the event.
Mesch, Farh, and Podsakoff (1994) investigated the relationship among performance, feedback, and goal setting finding that teams receiving negative feedback set higher goals and had higher performance than teams with positive feedback.