For this reason, the negative binomial distribution (nbd) was deemed more appropriate than Poisson.
What does NBD stand for?
NBD stands for Negative Binomial Distribution (statistics)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NBD
We have 55 other meanings of NBD in our Acronym Attic
- National Bibliographic Database (Australia)
- National Board of Directors
- National Broker Dealer (sales)
- National Brothers Day (May 24)
- national burden of disease
- National Business Development
- Natural Born Divers (Germany)
- Need by Date (various companies)
- Negara Brunei Darussalam
- Negative Big Difference
- Neighborhood Business District (various locations)
- Nervous Breakdown
- Network Based Defense
- Network Block Device (Linux)
- Network Business & Development (now Nintendo System Development Division)
- Networks by Design, Inc (New York)
- Neuro-Behcet's Disease
- Neurobiological Disorders
- Nevada by Design (Las Vegas, Nevada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The negative binomial distribution is more robust for modeling zero-inflated and over-dispersed insect count data (Sileshi 2006).
lf you were to believe that the stable distribution or the negative binomial distribution were the only two hypotheses to be considered, considered them equally likely (and were willing to overlook the negative and fractional home run predictions of the stable distribution) the "weight of the evidence" (Good 1981; Peirce 1878) would still be against the power law distribution.
Frequency distributions of traps (on all days and their average distribution) were then statistically compared to a negative binomial distribution using chi-square tests to determine if the spatial distributions of traps were significantly contagious.
Because the data were overdispersed, the zero-truncated negative binomial distribution fit the data better than the zero-truncated Poisson distribution based on the likelihood-ratio test.
In both the samples the negative binomial distribution adequately explained the data an [chi square] confirmed the closeness of fit.
3 Negative Binomial Distribution The pmf is [MATHEMATICAL EXPRESSION NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] for x = 0, 1,.