Ran Barkai of Tel Aviv University's Department of Archaeology and Ancient Near Eastern Civilizations has shed new light on this milestone in human evolution, demonstrating a direct connection between the development of an agricultural society and the development of woodworking tools.
What does NEC stand for?
NEC stands for Near Eastern Civilizations (various schools)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NEC
We have 366 other meanings of NEC in our Acronym Attic
- National Examinations Council (Trinidad & Tobago)
- National Executive Committee (UK Labour Party)
- National Executive Council
- National Exhibition Centre
- National Extension College (UK)
- Nature Education Centre (Australia)
- Naval Exercise Coordinator
- Navopache Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Navy Enlisted Classification
- Near East Consulting (Ramallah, Palestine)
Samples in periodicals archive:
of Chicago's Oriental Institute, an interdisciplinary research center uniting archaeology, textual studies, and art history as three complementary methodologies to provide a holistic understanding of ancient Near Eastern civilizations.
00 Paperback CB245 This first volume of two published as companions to The Western Humanities (6th edition) comprises readings arranged chronologically in sections beginning with prehistory and near eastern civilizations and ending with the high renaissance and early mannerism (1494-1564).