The test assessed performance of the Near Earth Object Camera (NEOCam) in an environment that mimicked the temperatures and pressures of deep space.
What does NEO stand for?
NEO stands for Near Earth Object
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NEO
We have 94 other meanings of NEO in our Acronym Attic
- Neither East nor West
- North East Norfolk Youth League (UK)
- Needle Exchange New Zealand (New Zealand Ministry of Health)
- Nurse Executives of New Zealand (national forum)
- Named Executive Officer
- NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) Earth Observations (US NASA)
- National Engineering Organization
- National Exchange Officer
- NATO Eyes Only (NATO security classification)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Don Yeomans of NASA's Near Earth Object Programme said: "It will be a record-setting close approach though the orbit of the asteroid is known well enough to rule out an impact.
Focal point "The international interest in lunar science and, more recently, near-Earth objects led to the establishment of the Saudi Lunar and Near Earth Object Science Centre as a focal point for lunar science and NEO studies in the Kingdom," he said in a statement, a copy of which was obtained by Gulf News.
5 feet) across and will break up in the atmosphere," David Morrison, a US astronomer who runs an alert network, the Near Earth Object (NEO) News, said in email late Monday.
Student Bourhrous also confirmed the discovery of near earth object 2007 UG6 and had his name and results published at Harvard.