Next, he served as the Naval Surface Fire Support section head in the Surface Warfare Division of Office of the Chief of Naval Operations (OPNAV N86).
What does NSFS stand for?
NSFS stands for Naval Surface Fire Support
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NSFS
We have 3 other meanings of NSFS in our Acronym Attic
- NIAC (NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) Institute of Advanced Concepts) Student Fellows Prize
- Norsk Selskap for Filosofisk Praksis (Norwegian: Norwegian Society for Philosophical Practice; Oslo, Norway)
- Not Safe for Parents
- Net Stable Funding Ratio (economics)
- New Single-Family Residence
- North Shore Feline Rescue (Middleton, MA)
- National Silver Fox Rabbit Club
- National Science Foundation Research Experience (undergraduate research program)
- National Society of Fund Raising Executives (now the Association of Fundraising Professionals, AFP)
- National School Fruit Scheme (UK)
- Normalized Squared Flow Sum (network traffic)
- Norsk Selskap for Sykepleieforskning (Norwegian: Norwegian Society for Nursing Research)
- Not Safe for School
- Not Safe for Starbucks
- Nova Scotia Firefighters School (Canada)
- New South Federal Savings Bank
- No Smoking/Fasten Seat Belt (airplanes)
- National Standards for Subject Leaders (UK)
- National Survey of Forest Soils and Vegetation (Sweden)
- Ninja Swords for Tim (band)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Naval Surface Fire Support (NSFS) is the traditional means by which navies have supported armies and the firepower provided could be quite awesome.
Our naval surface fire support programs will contribute critical precision and volume fire support to maneuvering forces ashore from the sea, complementing aviation assets and ground-based artillery," said Rear Adm.
With the documented inability of airpower to be 24/7 and all-weather, the only remaining means of supporting joint Special Forces in the littorals is with naval surface fire support (NSFS).