Publish an overarching Naval Networking Environment (NNE) strategy document to which the governance, administration, operation, investment and acquisition of DON IM, IT/cyberspace and IRM resource assets will be predicated (Feb.
What does NNE stand for?
NNE stands for Naval Networking Environment (US Navy)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NNE
We have 18 other meanings of NNE in our Acronym Attic
- Northern Nevada Dental Society (Reno, NV)
- Near North District School Board (Ontario, Canada)
- Northern Neck Disability Services Board (est. 1999; Virginia)
- National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System
- Newport News Department of Social Services (Virginia)
- Native Nations Dance Theater
- Neural Network Development Tool (neural network training software)
- Never Not Doing Things (Meetup group)
- Nonnuclear Defense Technology
- Novo Nordisk Delivery Technologies (Hayward, CA)
- Nearest Neighbor Encoding/Encoder
- Nearest Neighbor Estimate
- Network Node Equipment (networks)
- Neural-Network Ensemble (biological network)
- Nissan Nordic Europe (formerly Nissan Baltics)
- Non-Nuclear Energy
- Northern New England
- Nemi Northern Energy & Mining, Inc. (Canada)
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency NAVAIR Experimental Aircraft Activity
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the future, as wires are replaced by wireless technology and our Sailors and Marines become more integrated into the Naval Networking Environment, the electromagnetic environment and its effects on systems must be associated with the performance attributes of emerging technology that are necessary to provide the operational capabilities required by the warfighter.
Each of these, as well as the overarching Naval Networking Environment initiative, provides an opportunity for the DON to pursue the most cost effective and robust path ahead for its enterprise e-mail capability.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] To meet this challenge, the DON is moving rapidly forward on the Naval Networking Environment (NNE~2016), the department's path to information dominance and an information advantage.
Carey: There have been no organizational changes within the DON CIO as a result of the establishment of these commands; however, we have accelerated our development of the Naval Networking Environment ~ 2016 strategy to ensure it supports the Navy and Marine Corps information management and cyberspace objectives.
By rapidly migrating legacy infrastructure to enterprise networks, instituting a rigorous excepted network approval process, and enforcing Navy-wide enterprise consolidation, excess capacity was eliminated, security posture was improved, and the Navy is better positioned to attain the vision of the Naval Networking Environment.
These ETAs are paving the way for the DON's vision of the Naval Networking Environment in 2016.