He wrote Fleming into the narrative, making him responsible for recruiting the protagonist, Logan Mountstuart, to the Naval Intelligence Division in World War II.
What does NID stand for?
NID stands for Naval Intelligence Division
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NID
We have 86 other meanings of NID in our Acronym Attic
- National Institute of Design, India
- National Institute on Deafness
- National Intelligence Daily
- National Intelligence Department (gaming)
- National Intelligence Director
- National Intelligence Division (Stargate TV series)
- National Interest Determination
- National Inventory of Dams
- Naval Infantry Division
- Naval Intelligence Database
Samples in periodicals archive:
Fleming wore the coat, which is navy blue with red lining, during the Dieppe Raid of 1942 when he was in the Naval Intelligence Division.
Creator Ian Fleming was a former journalist who became a Commander in the British Naval Intelligence Division - a role he based the character on.