On 3 February 2011, four Marines from Marine Air Control Group 18, 1st MAW, received naval aviation observer wings during a ceremony at MCAS Futenma, Okinawa.
What does NAO stand for?
NAO stands for Naval Aviation Observer
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NAO
We have 96 other meanings of NAO in our Acronym Attic
- National Association of New Zealand Quilters (est. 1994)
- Nasal Airway Obstruction
- National Academy of Opticianry
- National AHEC (Area Health Education Center) Organization
- National Applications Office (US DHS)
- National Astronomical Observatory (Japan)
- National Audit Office (UK government)
- National Authorising Officer (various nations)
- Native American Outreach
- Natural Atomic Orbital
- Négociation Annuelle Obligatoire (French: Mandatory Annual Negotiation)
- New Account Opening (various companies)
- New Age Outlaws (wrestling)
- New Anzat Order (Star Wars)
- New Associate Orientation (introductory training for new employees)
- Non-Animal Origin
- non-asbestos organic
- North American Operations
- North Atlantic Oscillation
- Not an Option
Samples in periodicals archive:
August 24, 1968: New NFO wings are approved, replacing the old Naval Aviation Observer wings.
Reeves took the Naval Aviation Observer course that, while not training him to actually pilot aircraft, gave him a solid appreciation of the skills required to fly, particularly from a carrier's flight deck.