Rose's shore assignments included serving as Terminal Operations Officer, Diego Garcia; Naval Audit Service, Western Region; Services Officer, Naval Surface Force, U.
What does NAS stand for?
NAS stands for Naval Audit Service (US Navy)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NAS
We have 399 other meanings of NAS in our Acronym Attic
- National Asthma Survey
- National Audubon Society, Inc.
- National Autistic Society (UK)
- National Automation Services (Nevada)
- Native American Spirit
- Natural American Spirit (tobacco brand)
- Natural and Applied Sciences (various universities)
- Naval Air Squadron (UK)
- Naval Air Station
- Naval Amphibious School
- Naval Auxiliary Ship
- NBMA (Non-Broadcast Multiple Access) ARP (Address Resolution Protocol) Server
- Need Analysis Servicer (US Department of Education)
- Needs Assessment Survey (various organizations)
- Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (narcotics withdrawal problems)
- Nerve Attenuation Syndrome (fictional disease)
- Netscape Application Server
- NetWare Access Services (Novell)
- Network Access Server
- Network Access Switch
Samples in periodicals archive:
This message has been modified for posting DTG 221323Z JUL 11 FM COMNAVSAFECEN NORFOLK VA TO ALSAFE UNCLAS ALSAFE 040/11 SECINFO/U/-// MSGID/GENADMIN/COMNAVSAFECEN/40/JUL// SUBJ/MISHAP REPORTING RESPONSIBILITIES FOR PERSONNEL ASSIGNED TO/MEDHOLD OR TPU// REF/A/DESC:DOC/NAVAUDSVC/12MAR2010// REF/B/DESC:DOC/CNO/07JAN2005// NARR/REF A IS NAVAL AUDIT SERVICE AUDIT REPORT N2010-0016, REPORTING OF SAFETY MISHAPS.
Recent audits by the Department of Defense Inspector General and the Naval Audit Service confirm that DON turn-in procedures have not been consistently followed, are inadequate or out-of-date.
The Naval Audit Service completed the last external review of the AFAA in July 2002.
Consequently, in undertaking the effort, the Secretary of the Navy (SECNAV) solicits input from DON senior leadership and relies on the Naval Audit Service (NAVAUDSVC) to be "boots on the ground" in conducting risk assessments.
This oversight is provided through the work of the Naval Audit Service and the Office of the Naval Inspector General.
To establish clear audit responsibilities and avoid duplication of audit effort, AFAA joined with auditors from the General Accounting Office, the DoD Inspector General, Army Audit Agency, and Naval Audit Service to establish the BRAC 2005 Joint Audit Planning Group.