INTRODUCTION Solute linked carrier 11A1 (SLC11A1), a transmembrane protein (also referred as Natural Resistance Associated Macrophage Protein 1, NRAMP1), is one of the potential candidate genes that confer innate resistance against various intracellular pathogens.
What does NRAMP stand for?
NRAMP stands for Natural Resistance Associated Macrophage Protein
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NRAMP
We have 2 other meanings of NRAMP in our Acronym Attic
- National Recreation Association of Japan
- National Rehabilitation Association of Job Placement and Development
- Nuffield Radio Astronomy Laboratories (Jodrell Bank, UK)
- National Radon Action Month (US EPA)
- National Register of Archives and Manuscripts (New Zealand)
- Navy Recruiting and Accessions Management system
- Negative Resonance Absorption of the Medium (physics)
- Nonradioactive Material
- Nonvolatile Random Access Memory
- National Resource for Automated Molecular Microscopy (La Jolla, CA)
- Nevada Risk Assessment/Management Program
- Natural Resistance-Associated Macrophage Protein 1
- Natural Resistance-Associated Macrophage Protein 2
- Navy Recruiting and Accessions Management System
- Neutron Research at NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology)
- National Rifle Association of New Zealand
- National Radio Astronomy Observatory
- Navy Regional Accounts Office
- National Radio Astronomy Observatory - Green Bank
- National River Action Plan
Samples in periodicals archive:
Genetic and physical mapping of the natural resistance associated macrophage protein 1 (NRAMP1) in chicken.
After QTL are mapped to a chromosomal region, positional candidate genes can be identified among the genes mapped to that region or by comparative genomic analysis with regions of conserved synteny in other species (Rothschild and Soller, 1997) For the present study, four candidate genes, natural resistance associated macrophage protein 1 (SLC11A1), prosaposin (PSAP), interferon-y (IFNG), and toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4), were investigated, based upon prior reports of association with immune response in chickens (Zhou et al.