These bodies include but are not limited to The Science and Technology Facilities Council, The Medical Research Council, The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council, The Economic and Social Research Council, The Natural Environment Research Council, The Arts and Humanities Research Council,The Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council, The RCUK Shared Services Centre Ltd, Central Government Departments and their Agencies, Non Departmental Public Bodies, NHS bodies, Local Authorities, Voluntary Sector Charities, and/or other private organisations acting as managing agents or procuring on behalf of these UK bodies.
What does NERC stand for?
NERC stands for Natural Environment Research Council (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NERC
We have 74 other meanings of NERC in our Acronym Attic
- Nucleo Empresarial da Regiao de Beja (Beja, Portugal)
- New England River Basins Commission
- New England Regional Black Nurses Association (Boston, MA)
- New England Regional Burn Program
- National Commission for Energy State Regulation (Ukraine)
- National Ecology Research Center
- National Engineering Research Center
- National Environment Research Council
- National Environmental Research Center
- Natural Environment and Rural Communities (UK)
- Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (est. 2005)
- North American Electric Reliability Corporation (Princeton, New Jersey, USA)
- Northeast Recycling Council
- Northeast Region Chief (Order of the Arrow, Boy Scouts of America)
- North East Roofing Contractors Association
- New England Regional Council of Carpenters
- New England Regional Center of Excellence
- Northeast Region Conference and Exhibition
- New England Rehabilitation Continuing Education Program
- National Emergency Response Council on HIV/AIDS (Swaziland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This is one of three initiatives to be launched by the UK's research funding councils, the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council and the Natural Environment Research Council.
The study, funded by The Natural Environment Research Council also revealed that Chamois can alter their behaviour in the face of warmer temperatures.
It is an extension of the University's Otter Project, run in collaboration with the Natural Environment Research Council, which examines around 200 otter carcasses a year, many of them roadkill.
The MoU between the Earth System Science Organisation of the Ministry of Earth Sciences and UK's Natural Environment Research Council was inked here in the presence of Science and Technology Minister S Jaipal Reddy.
2m from the Technology Strategy Board and the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC--www.
The expedition is being funded by IUCN, the Global Environment Facility and Britain's Natural Environment Research Council.
The research, funded by the Natural Environment Research Council and the Edinburgh Collaborative of Subsurface Science and Engineering, was published in Science.