This phenomenon forms a major chapter of discussion in the Australian-led book The Natural Advantage of Nations (1), and the Business Council of Australia (BCA) published a major report on the subject in 2004, arguing that market driven short-termism was threatening the long-term competitiveness of Australian firms.
What does NAON stand for?
NAON stands for Natural Advantage of Nations (textbook)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NAON
We have 1 other meaning of NAON in our Acronym Attic
- Native American Outreach Ministries, Inc. (Joseph City, AZ)
- New Arcade Operation Machine Idea (Sega)
- North American OpenMath Initiative
- North American Opiate Medication Initiative (clinical trial; Canada)
- Notice on Agreements of Minor Importance (EU)
- Navy Material Transportation Office Operations and Management Information System
- National Association Of Medical Reserve Corps
- National Association of Nurses (National Association of Government Employees)
- National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses
- NATO Air Operations Net
- North American Ocean Noise Coalition
- National Association of Optometrists and Opticians (Ohio)
- National Aviation Operations Officer
- Northern Area Oil Operations (Aramco)
- North American Olive Oil Association
- National Academy of Psychology (India)
- National Alliance for Optional Parenthood (previously National Organization for Non-parents)
- National Association for Olmsted Parks (Washington, DC)
- Noisy Act of Protest (band)
- North American Open Pairs (bridge championship)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Natural Advantage of Nations builds on this and goes a step further--showing how entire nations can change their government policy, research and development programs and industries to achieve sustainability.
The themes are the need for a new paradigm, natural advantage as a business imperative, achieving a natural advantage of nations, sustainable cities, and a national collaborative approach.