It is used for processing and analyzing nationwide food consumption surveys and other dietary studies.
What does NFCS stand for?
NFCS stands for Nationwide Food Consumption Survey
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NFCS
We have 41 other meanings of NFCS in our Acronym Attic
- National Flow Cytometry Resource (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
- National Foundation for Cancer Research
- National Fund for Calamity Relief (India)
- New Flexible Code Restriction (telecommunications)
- North Fork Cosumnes River
- Notice Frames and Confirmation Requests (Lucent)
- National Fisheries Contaminant Research Center
- National Fuel Cell Research Center
- Neural Fuzzy Call-Admission and Rate Controller
- National Family Caregiver Support Act
- Naval Fire Control System
- Naval Fires Control System
- Neonatal Facial Coding Scale (neonate pain assessment)
- New Forum for Classical Singers
- New Frontiers Charter School (Texas)
- Nonfood Contact Surface
- North Florida Christian School (Tallahasee, FL)
- Nuclear Forces Communications Satellite
- Nutrition Family Consumer Sciences (California)
- National Forest Counties and Schools Coalition (Red Bluff, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Data from the nationwide food consumption survey, the USDA-ARS Continuing Survey of Food Intakes by Individuals (CSFII 1994-96), indicate that only about 24 percent of women between ages 40 and 69 were meeting the 1989 RDA for magnesium.
Department of Agriculture, Nationwide Food Consumption Survey, 1977-78, Tables A1.
According to the last USDA nationwide food consumption survey, conducted from 1994 to 1996, Americans of all ages averaged about 2,000 calories a day.
These two departments conduct the two broadest nutrition and health surveys: USDA's Nationwide Food Consumption Survey and DHHS' National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, or NHANES.