Its National Water Carrier from the Jordan River already produces a quarter of its requirements, even though only three per cent of the river falls within pre-1967 borders.
What does NWC stand for?
NWC stands for National Water Carrier (Project)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NWC
We have 108 other meanings of NWC in our Acronym Attic
- New World Business Solutions (now ProfitLink Consulting; est. 1999; Boston, MA)
- North West Bay Ships (Australia)
- No War But the Class War
- North West Basketball Union (Australia)
- National Women Bowling Writers
- Northwest By West
- Napoleonic Wargame Club (est. 1998)
- Nascar Winston Cup (auto racing)
- National War College
- National Watch Center (US FEMA)
- National Water Commission
- National Water Corporation
- National Water Council (Pakistan)
- National Waterways Conference
- National Western Club (National Western Stock Show, Denver, CO)
- National Whistleblower Center
- National Women's Caucus (political group)
- National Woodie Club (wood-bodied cars and trucks)
- National Workers Compensation Reinsurance Pool
- Naval War College
Samples in periodicals archive:
The group, created with the aim of encouraging Palestinians living in the diaspora to launch attacks against Israel, failed in its first operation against the Jewish state in 1965 after it tried to blow up the country's national water carrier.
With the establishment of the State of Israel (1947-48) followed by the National Water Carrier of Israel Project (construction began in 1953), water was taken from the Sea of the Galilee and a dam was built to block water from flowing to the Jordan River.