I AM a shop steward of the National Union of Public Employees branch at Highcroft Hospital.
What does NUPE stand for?
NUPE stands for National Union of Public Employees (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- National Unclaimed Property Associates
- National United Party of Arakan
- Nutrition and Physical Activity
- National Union of Physics and Chemistry
- National Urban Policy Action Council
- Nagoya University Program for Academic Exchange (Japan)
- National United Professional Association of Trained Homeopaths (Canada)
- National Union of Plantation and Agricultural Workers (Zambia)
- Non-Uniform Power Condition(s)
- National Unclaimed Property Database
- Nuclear Power Engineering Corporation
- Nuclear Physics European Collaboration Committee
- Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (est. 1977; Lagos, Nigeria)
- National Union Parishad Forum (Bangladesh)
- National Union of Public and General Employees (Canada)
- Needs Urgent Psychiatric Help Immediately :-)
- National Urban Planning Institute (est. 1987; Ethiopia)
- Norsk Utenrikspolitisk Institutt (Norwegian: Norwegian Institute of International Affairs)
- Nuclear Procurement Issues Committee
- National Union of Peoples' Lawyers (Philippines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The National Union of Public Employees said they might spread the dispute, which started at the Royal Gwent Hospital at Newport, by calling a work-to-rule in the other Gwent hospitals.
It was my experience and record in representing low-paid manual workers in the National Union of Public Employees that led Mr Smurthwaite's colleagues Howard Wright and David Ashforth to recommend voting for me as chief executive of the then Stable Lads' Association.
A report to the council's Personnel Committee says that if the extra time off being sought by the National Union of Public Employees were to be granted to all 91 trade union officials within the authority, it would mean an extra 225 days' absence a year.
Members of the National Union of Public Employees wanted to let MPs know they would resist any cuts in public spending6 Anti-nuclear protestors targeted Brocklebank Dock in Liverpool.
This collection of public sector locals was finally put together into what was known as NUPE -- National Union of Public Employees.
Byline: Roger McKenzie WHEN I was just starting out in my working life, one of the earliest unions I joined was the National Union of Public Employees.