Aquarius, an underwater habitat located near Key Largo, Florida, is owned by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and operated by the National Undersea Research Center (NURC) at the University of North Carolina, Wilmington as a marine biology study base.
What does NURC stand for?
NURC stands for National Undersea Research Center (US NOAA)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NURC
We have 8 other meanings of NURC in our Acronym Attic
- Network Unavailability Rate
- Nitrate Utilization Rate
- Nuristani (linguistics)
- Northglenn Urban Renewal Authority (Colorado)
- Netted Universal Radar System
- Nonuniform Rational B-Splines
- Non-Uniform Rational B-Spline (mathematical algorithm used in computer graphics especially CAD)
- National Undergraduate Research Clearinghouse
- National Underwater Robotics Challenge (est. 2007)
- National Unity and Reconciliation Commission (Rwanda)
- NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) Undersea Research Centre (La Spezia, Italy)
- Non-Unit-Related Cargo (US DoD)
- Nottingham & Union Rowing Club (UK)
- NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) Undersea Research Center for the Southeastern United States and Gulf of Mexico
- Northern Utah Radio Controlled Aircraft Club (Ogden, UT)
- National Urban and Reconstruction Agency (South Africa)
- Northwestern University Radio Drama (Evanston, IL)
- Nuernbergs Ultimatives Rollenspiel Desaster (German: Nuernberg Ultimate Roleplaying Game Disaster; fan convention)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mail entries to: National Undersea Research Center, University of North Carolina at Wilmington, c/o I want to Live on the Ocean Floor.