was standardized by the National Television System Committee (NTSC) in 1941.
What does NTSC stand for?
NTSC stands for National Television System Committee
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NTSC
We have 75 other meanings of NTSC in our Acronym Attic
- National Tay-Sachs & Allied Diseases Association, Inc. (Boston, MA)
- Navigator Training, Scheduling & Accounting System
- National Theatre Symphonic Band (Singapore)
- National Training School for Boys (juvenile corrections; Washington, DC)
- National Transport Safety Board (Pakistan)
- National Transportation Safety Board (US)
- North Texas Small Business Development Center
- Night Time Seat Belt Enforcement (Washington Traffic Safety Commission)
- Next Target SubBank Predictor
- National Television Standards Committee (common, but incorrect)
- National Transmission Standards Committee
- Naval Training Systems Center
- Naval Training Systems Command
- Never (Twice) the Same Color
- Northern Territory Supreme Court (Australia)
- Not the Same Color
- Notice to Show Cause
- NT Standards Committee
- Nuclear Transfer Stem Cells
- National Television System Committee - USA/Canada (PS2 Worldwide Games Distribution)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The additive color mixing also enables designers to generate a color gamut that exceeds the requirements of the National Television System Committee (NTSC).
The module is capable of generating a color gamut that exceeds National Television System Committee (NTSC) requirements by 50%.
In addition, the CCFL light source only covers 75 percent of the color space defined by the National Television System Committee (NTSC), which is responsible for setting television and video standards in the United States.
In addition, the SCES features selectable video and audio compression data rates for efficient satellite utilization, and supports National Television System Committee (NTSC) and Phase Alternating Line (PAL) formats for the global market.