The researchers led by Ron Fouchief of the Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, were asked last month to censor details of their work that may allow people to make the more lethal strain by the National Science Advisory Board for Biosecurity.
What does NSABB stand for?
NSABB stands for National Science Advisory Board for Biosecurity (Bethesda, MD)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of NSABB in our Acronym Attic
- No Skirts Allowed Adventure Race (mountain biking event)
- Network Security As A Service
- Northeast States Association for Agricultural Stewardship (Dresden, ME)
- Numerical Simulation of Aero-Acoustic Sources
- National Security Advisory Board (India)
- National Senior Advisory Board (Sheldon, IL)
- National Spiritual Assembly of the Baha'is of Swaziland
- Nationalsozialistischer Deutscher Arztebund (German: National Socialist German Doctors' Association)
- Naval Support Activity Bahrain (US Navy)
- Nova Scotia Animal Breeders
- National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project
- Nova Scotia Advisory Board on Colleges and Universities (Canada)
- National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project (cancer treatment trial)
- National Scientific Advisory Committee
- National Security Advice Centre (UK)
- National Senior Advisory Council (various locations)
- National Society for Autistic Children
- National Spiritualist Association of Churches
- National Student Advertising Competition
- National Sunflower Association of Canada
Samples in periodicals archive:
The National Science Advisory Board for Biosecurity (NSABB) suggested that important details should be omitted from publication of the research, which sparked an international uproar.
The US National Science Advisory Board for Biosecurity has asked two journals that want to publish the work to make only redacted versions of studies available, a request to which the journal editors and many leading scientists object.
The National Science Advisory Board for Biosecurity (NSABB) will provide advice to federal departments and agencies on ways to minimize the possibility that knowledge and technologies emanating from vitally important biological research will be misused to threaten public health or national security.