The ruling National Rainbow Coalition (NARC) has a new offshoot called NARC-Kenya.
What does NARC stand for?
NARC stands for National Rainbow Coalition (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NARC
We have 127 other meanings of NARC in our Acronym Attic
- Nashua Area Radio Club (Nashua, NH)
- National Abaca Research Center (Leyte State University)
- National Access and Rescue Centre (Kendal, Cumbria, UK)
- National Advertising Review Council
- National Agriculture Research Centre
- National Amateur Retriever Championship
- National Association for Retarded Children
- National Association of Regional Councils
- National Avian Research Center
- National Rainbow Coalition (Kenyan political party)
- Native American Resource Center
- Navy Automatic Relay Controller
- Nepal Agricultural Research Council
- Neural Apoptosis-Regulated Convertase
- Non-AUTODIN Relay Center
- Non-Automatic Relay Center
- Non-Automatic Relay Code
- North American Rayon Corporation (Tennessee)
- North American Regional Conference (various organizations)
- North American Rockwell Corporation
Samples in periodicals archive:
Murungi's tough statement came in the wale of increasing public pressure on the new National Rainbow Coalition (NARC) government, headed by President Mwai Kibaki, to fulfil one of its election pledges - to combat corruption.
But Kenyans turned instead to an alliance of opposition groups called the National Rainbow Coalition, and a new President, Mwai Kibaki, to revive their country.
With all but 18 of 210 constituencies reporting, the 71-year-old economist, leader of the National Rainbow Coalition, had 63 per cent of the votes, said the Institute for Education in Democracy.
Five presidential candidates, including Moi's preferred choice, Uhuru Kenyatta of the ruling Kenya African National Union (KANU), and Mwai Kibaki, an economist-turned-politician backed by the leading opposition National Rainbow Coalition (NARC), are in the race.
Now his hand-picked successor, Uhuru Kenyatta, faces a major challenge from National Rainbow Coalition leader Mwai Kibaki.
Kenyatta argues that he represents a new generation of leaders, while Kibaki says his opposition alliance, the National Rainbow Coalition, or Narc, can right the wrongs of the past 39 years of government under the Kenya African National Union party, known as Kanu.