Capped 35 times by his country and a further five by the Pacific Islanders, the famously tattooed star has graced two World Cups in a glittering career which has also seen him shine in the Heineken Cup, Super 15 and National Provincial Championship in New Zealand.
What does NPC stand for?
NPC stands for National Provincial Championship (New Zealand)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NPC
We have 403 other meanings of NPC in our Acronym Attic
- National Poverty Center (University of Michigan)
- National Power Company (various nations)
- National Power Corporation (Philippines)
- National Prescribing Centre (UK)
- National Presidential Caucus
- National Press Club
- National Productivity Corporation (Malaysia)
- National Productivity Council (India)
- National Protection Center
- National Prototype Center
- Nationalist People's Coalition (Philippines)
- Native Plant Center (various locations)
- Native Plant Community (classifications)
- Native POP3 (Post Office Protocol 3) Connector (software)
- NATO Pipeline Committee
- NATO Programming Centre
- Natural Progesterone Cream
- Nauru Phosphate Corporation
- Naval Photographic Center
- Naval Police Coxswain (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Newcastle Falcons' sharp-shooter has spent his entire career in rugby union's big-time, having shone in New Zealand's National Provincial Championship and Super 15 where every game is televised and crowds flock in droves.
The ex-Crusaders and Chiefs Super Rugby scrum-half will link up with his former province Bay of Plenty Steamers in this year's National Provincial Championship after being deemed surplus to requirements at the Liberty Stadium.
He was a Tri-Nations champion with the All Blacks, a Super 12 winner with the Blues, and National Provincial Championship king with Auckland before lifting the Heineken Cup withMunster last season.
The boys from the capital have been runners-up in the last two finals since the National Provincial Championship changed its name and were grand finalists in two of the previous three years.
Gaffney said: "You could argue that this is throwing him in at the deep end, but he is a talented player with experience of the New Zealand National Provincial Championship and he came to us highly recommended.