Since Congress would not have been able to provide the "how" in a piece of legislation, they made provisions for this to occur through the seating of the National Prison Rape Elimination Commission, which was responsible for recommending standards, and required the attorney general to promulgate a final rule.
What does NPREC stand for?
NPREC stands for National Prison Rape Elimination Commission
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Notice of Proposed Rule Development (Department of Environmental Protection; Florida)
- National Program to Rehabilitate and Develop Cambodia (est. 1994; Cambodia)
- Navy Personnel Research & Development Center
- National Puerto Rican Day Parade
- Nuclear Plant Reliability Data System
- National Project for Rinderpest Eradication (est. 1992; India)
- Negative Progesterone Response Element
- Non-Program Related Engineering (US Navy)
- Northfield Professional Resource Exchange (Minnesota)
- Nuclear, Plasma, and Radiological Engineering (University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign)
- National Preparedness for Response Exercise Program (US Coast Guard)
- National Preserve (US National Park Service
- National Pensions Reserve Fund (Ireland)
- National Plumbing Regulators Forum (Melbourne, Victoria, Australia)
- National Puerto Rican Forum
- Negative Pseudo-Relevance Feedback (content-based video retrieval)
- Network Presenter Registration File (computing)
- North Plains Research Field (North Plains Groundwater Conservation District; Dumas, TX)
- Nurse Practitioner Rating Form (patient tool)
- National Partnership for Reinventing Government
Samples in periodicals archive:
A celebration was in order when the National Prison Rape Elimination Commission (NPREC) completed its six years of work.
Bush, and Chair of the National Prison Rape Elimination Commission (NPREC).
As cited in National Prison Rape Elimination Commission Report.
In anticipation of these concerns, the National Prison Rape Elimination Commission (NPREC) was established to identify specific concerns within the law and develop standards for the affected agencies to follow to ensure compliance with the standards.
The bipartisan National Prison Rape Elimination Commission and the experts on whom the commission relied--mostly corrections officials, but also JDI staff, survivors and other experts--has made it clear that sexual abuse in detention is a preventable problem, and has shown in considerable detail how to prevent it.