Taqa also entered into two new markets during the year, having signed a Memorandum of Understanding with EUA[euro]NCi, the Turkish national power company, in respect of a major project in Southern Turkey, and investing in a 1,000 MW power plant in Sulaymaniyah in the Kurdistan region of Iraq.
What does NPC stand for?
NPC stands for National Power Company (various nations)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NPC
We have 403 other meanings of NPC in our Acronym Attic
- National Point Code
- National Police Certificate (Australia)
- National Policy Committee (ANSI)
- National Policy Conference (various organizations)
- National Policy Council (AARP)
- National Polytechnic College (California)
- National Population Census (various nations)
- National Postgraduate Committee (UK)
- National Potato Council
- National Poverty Center (University of Michigan)
- National Power Corporation (Philippines)
- National Prescribing Centre (UK)
- National Presidential Caucus
- National Press Club
- National Productivity Corporation (Malaysia)
- National Productivity Council (India)
- National Protection Center
- National Prototype Center
- National Provincial Championship (New Zealand)
- Nationalist People's Coalition (Philippines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The new claim is a sharp increase on the previous sum of 58 million euros ($75 million) Atomstroiexport had sought at the Paris-based court from Bulgaria s national power company over the deal for the Belene power plant.
The meeting was informed that ten potential parties submitted Express of Interest (EOI) and Statements of Qualifications (SoQs) for the privatisation of National Power Company, which include Al Arrab Contracting Co.
While the budget situation of the government, let alone the financial condition of Electricite du Liban, makes it impossible for the public sector to fund the massive investments now required in the sector -- with most tax receipts tied up in debt service, and inflexible salary and security expenditures -- many fear that allowing private participation in the sector would result in a massive theft of public assets, liquidation of the national power company, emergence of ruthless monopolies, and undue profits for a few greedy capitalists.
The proposals for corporatization of Pakistan Post, revitalization of Pakistan Steel Mills Corporation, status of Heavy electrical Complex and National Power Company will also be reviewed and recommendations will be formulated for the approval of the CCOP.
The national power company recently raised its rates by 2 percent, capping two years of increases that have nearly doubled the cost of electricity for consumers.