The new Police Knowledge Certificate has been introduced by the National Police Improvement Agency to ensure new recruits have gained an understanding of police matters and procedures before joining.
What does NPIA stand for?
NPIA stands for National Police Improvement Agency (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NPIA
We have 4 other meanings of NPIA in our Acronym Attic
- Norwegian Polar Institute (Norway)
- Not Plugged In (computer/network technical problem)
- Not Pre-Installed
- Novos Países Industrializados (newly industrialized countries)
- NROS Predictive Index (NASCAR Racing Online Series game)
- Numbering Plan Indicator
- Sergo Ordzhonikidze Novocherkassk Polytechnic Institute (Russian: Southern-Russian State Technical University)
- Neuropsychiatric Inventory Caregiver Distress
- Neuropsychiatric Institute & Hospital (UCLA)
- Nacionalnega Programa Izgradnje Avtocest (Slovenian: National Motorway Construction Program)
- National Policing Improvement Agency (UK)
- Nelson Property Investors' Association (New Zealand)
- Nine Princes in Amber (Roger Zelazny novel and computer game)
- Non-Profit Institutions Act (Robinson-Patman Act amendment)
- New Partnerships in Affordable Housing (UK)
- North Pacific Institute for Analytical Psychology (Seattle, WA)
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems (National Airport Strategic Plan, US FAA)
- Network Programming Interface Builder
- Northwest Plateau Institute of Biology (China)
- Norwich and Peterborough Insurance Brokers (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dudley College is the first in the region to offer the new certificate in knowledge of policing, which is licensed through the National Police Improvement Agency (NPIA).
Prof Jo Rycroft-Malone and Dr Christopher Burton, of Bangor University's School of Healthcare Sciences are working with North Wales Police and the National Police Improvement Agency on developing effective policing solutions to anti-social behaviour.
Earlier this year the group was awarded "exemplar status" by the National Police Improvement Agency for its work tackling crime and antisocial behaviour.
The vehicle has been designed and manufactured in collaboration with the NAPFM, National Police Improvement Agency, Police Federation and users.
The force has been working with Surrey Police, Home Office and National Police Improvement Agency as part of a project to see if services can be improved and money saved.
Officials at the Home Office and National Police Improvement Agency have begun examining the proposals to see if they can be rolled out nationally.