Underlying all crop improvement research are the conserved genetic resources in the National Plant Germplasm System, which includes perennial grain accessions.
What does NPGS stand for?
NPGS stands for National Plant Germplasm System
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NPGS
We have 2 other meanings of NPGS in our Acronym Attic
- Non-Pseudomonal Gram-Negative
- North Pacific Gyre Oscillation (climate pattern)
- North Pacific Groundfish Observer Program
- Non-Cooperative Power Control Game with Pricing
- National Plant Genetic Resources Board
- National Plant Genetic Resources Centre (South Africa)
- National Plant Genetic Resources Conservation Center (China)
- National Plant Genetic Resources Laboratory (Philippines)
- National Plant Genetic Resources Programme
- Nanometer Pattern Generation System
- Naval Post Graduate School
- New Principal Guarantee Scheme (banking)
- Niagara Peninsula Geological Society (est. 1962; Canada)
- Nurse Practitioner Group of Spokane (Spokane, WA)
- Number Portability Global Title Translation (Nortel)
- National Parks, Game and Wildlife General Directorate (Ministry of Forestry; Turkey)
- National Pediatric Hospital (Cambodia)
- National Planning Holdings (Jackson National Life Insurance Company)
- Natural Phenomena Hazard
- Nazarene Publishing House
Samples in periodicals archive:
They will re-sequence 20,000 soybean lines that are currently stored in the National Plant Germplasm System to identify desired variances of genes that are not currently captured by domesticated soybean lines.
To come up with his variety of vetch, Devine ordered seeds from the US National Plant Germplasm System, a national repository.
Genetic material of this release will be deposited in the National Plant Germplasm System in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico, where it will be available for worldwide distribution to growers and for research purposes.
Coupled with ARS's National Plant Germplasm System, which manages working collections of more than 530,000 plant accessions, it has become a formidable partnership for success.
National Plant Germplasm System (NPGS) is a vital network of genebanks where plants from around the world are curated, propagated, analyzed, and distributed for scientific use.
The genetic resources collected by the National Plant Germplasm System have been made publicly available to researchers around the world, and the materials have been essential for research on improving crop nutrition, yield, stress tolerance, and disease resistance.
That wild potato relative originated from a sample, or accession, in ARS's National Plant Germplasm System (NPGS), which includes germplasm collections of agronomically important plants and their relatives.