The internal bargaining required to sustain these coalitions highlights the necessity for infrastructures for peace, and the report mentions Ghana's National Peace Council (described below) as one example.
What does NPC stand for?
NPC stands for National Peace Council (Sri Lanka)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NPC
We have 403 other meanings of NPC in our Acronym Attic
- Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma
- National Packaging Covenant (Australia)
- National Paddling Committee (American Canoe Association)
- National Panhellenic Conference
- National Parks of Canada
- National Partnership Council
- National Pastors Convention
- National Pay Commission (Bangladesh)
- National Payment Card
- National Payment Center
- National Peanut Council
- National Pensioners Convention (United Kingdom)
- National People's Coalition (Philippines)
- National People’s Congress (Chinese Legislature)
- National PetCare Centers (various locations)
- National Petroleum Company PLC (Amman, Jordan)
- National Petroleum Council (An advisory committee to the U.S. Secretary of Energy)
- National Pharmaceutical Council
- National Philatelic Centre (Canada Post Corporation)
- National Physique Committee
Samples in periodicals archive:
He is also a broadcaster in the Akan language at Radio Universe, an FM station based on the campus of the University of Ghana, and a member of the National Peace Council.
The Iranian diplomat also expressed Tehran's readiness to further contribute to the Afghan peace by hosting Afghanistan's national peace council sessions.
The loss of Thamilselvan in this way would be a very big setback to any hope of peace talks in the near future - which in any case were not apparent either," said Jehan Perera of non-partisan advocacy group the National Peace Council.
Jehan Perera, director of the National Peace Council, an nongovernmental organization actively advocating peace in Sri Lanka, said that even if the site were a training camp for child soldiers, it should not have been bombed.
The National Peace Council is recognized by the government and the different rebel groups as their official channel for negotiations.