University of Chicago's National Opinion Research Center study titled 'Trends in Support for Civil Liberties' has highlighted the lingering impact of the terrorist attacks and Iraq and Afghan wars on American public opinion.
What does NORC stand for?
NORC stands for National Opinion Research Center
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NORC
We have 19 other meanings of NORC in our Acronym Attic
- Navy Operational Regional Atmospheric Prediction System
- National Online Recruitment Audience Survey (UK)
- Norges Råd for Anvendt Samfunnsforskning (Norwegian: Norwegian Council for Applied Social Research)
- Navy Operational Radio & Telephone Switchboard/System (US Navy)
- National Off Road Bicycle
- Norsk Organisasjon for Rullebrett (Norwegian: Norwegian Organization for Skateboarding)
- National Off Road Bicycle Association
- North American Biotechnology Advisory Commission (Regenesis TV show)
- New Orleans Regional Business Park (Louisiana)
- Northern Base Section (US Navy; Corsica, France)
- National Organization for Research at the University of Chicago
- Naturally Occurring Retirement Community
- Naval Ordnance Research Calculator
- Nippon Ocean Racing Club (now Japan Sailing Federation)
- No One Really Cares
- North Oakland Republican Club (Waterford, MI)
- North Oxfordshire Riding Club (UK)
- Nuclear Ordnance Record Card
- Nutrition Obesity Research Center (various schools)
- Northern California
Samples in periodicals archive:
citizens awarded research doctorates from American universities in 2006 were ethnic minorities, according to a recent report released by the National Science Foundation in conjunction with the National Opinion Research Center and an assortment of government agencies.
of Chicago's National Opinion Research Center, the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey, Pew Internet & American Life Project, the Gallup Organization, the Kaiser Family Foundation, and the Monitoring the Future Survey of the U.
9 million the number of people who didn't register to vote in 2004 because of a permanent illness or disability Sources: The Bivings Report, National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago, Salon.
Both a survey on the health-care experiences of minority populations, completed this summer by the National Opinion Research Center (NORC), and a major study at the Multiple Sclerosis Center at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), found little difference in diagnosis between black and white Americans with MS.
Toch highlighted data from the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago showing that only about a dozen doctoral degrees are awarded in psychometrics each year.