The western United States is expected to have continued droughts this year resulting in increased potential for fire outbreaks, according to the National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) in Boise, Idaho.
What does NIFC stand for?
NIFC stands for National Interagency Fire Center
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NIFC
We have 21 other meanings of NIFC in our Acronym Attic
- Northern Ireland Food Advisory Committee (Food Standards Agency; UK)
- National Independent Fire Alarm Distributors (West Des Moines, IA)
- NATO Indirect Fire Appreciation Kernel
- Nima Fazel Mark Designing
- Netherlands Industrial Fighter Aircraft Replacement Platform
- New Independent Fundamental Baptist
- Northern Illinois Food Bank (est. 1983)
- Northern Ireland Fire Brigade
- Narodowy Instytut Fryderyka Chopina (Polish: National Frederic Chopin Institute)
- National Initiative for Children (Poland)
- National Intercollegiate Flying Club
- National Inventor Fraud Center
- Northern Iceland Finance Corporation
- Northern Ireland Film Commission (UK)
- Naval Integrated Fire Control - Counter Air
- National Independence Festival of Creative Arts (Bridgetown, Barbados)
- Network of International Farm Communities for Autism
- Nordic Institute for Contemporary Art
- North Idaho Fire Chiefs Association
- Northern Ireland Foster Care Association (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) also reports sweltering summer temperatures contributed to 2012's massive wildfires, which burned an area roughly equivalent to Massachusetts and Connecticut combined--or 9.
5 million acres more than 10-year average for this time of year, National Interagency Fire Center stated.
Wildfires--Top 10 States For Wildland Fires in 2007 Rank State Fires Acres Burned 1 California 9,093 1,087,110 2 Georgia 8,726 837,895 3 North Carolina 7,000 54,658 4 Florida 4,918 578,346 5 South Carolina 3,842 17,064 6 Oklahoma 3,519 69,907 7 Alabama 3,373 64,262 8 Tennessee 3,361 48,572 9 Oregon 2,561 648,046 10 Arizona 2,240 101,381 Source: National Interagency Fire Center
California, by contrast, has 27 major fires burning on 450,000 acres, according to the National Interagency Fire Center.
Its sensor payload collected thermal-infrared imagery of wildfires and demonstrated the ability of unmanned aircraft systems to collect data continuously and relay information back in real time to the National Interagency Fire Center in Boise, Idaho.
and the Acres They Burned (by Year) Year Number of Wildfires Acres Burned 2005 66,552 8,686,753 2004 77,534 6,790,692 2003 85,943 4,918,088 2002 88,458 6,937,584 2001 84,079 3,555,138 SOURCE: National Interagency Fire Center
In midsummer, the National Interagency Fire Center elevated its "national preparedness" to its highest level.