This restructuring essentially made provision for civilian intelligence that included domestic, counter-, departmental and foreign intelligence and the establishment in 1 995 of the National Intelligence Agency (NIA), the South African Secret Service (SASS) and the National Intelligence Coordinating Committee (NICOC); military (defence) intelligence within the Intelligence Division of the South African National Defence Force (SANDF); crime intelligence (including counter-intelligence measures) within the South African Police Services (SAPS); and the establishment in 2001 of an advisory structure with a limited mandate in the form of the Presidential Support Unit (PSU) that is to serve the Presidency, and the Ministr ies for Intelligence Services and Foreign Affairs as clients.
What does NICOC stand for?
NICOC stands for National Intelligence Coordinating Committee (Republic of South Africa)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NICOC
- Network Integration Control Organization (Taipei)
- Neuralgia-Induced Cavitational Osteonecrosis (medical)
- Nicodemus National Historic Site (US National Park Service)
- Niigata Industrial Creation Organization (Japan)
- Nissan Infiniti Car Owners
- National Independent Coal Operators Association (est. 1960)
- National Indian Council on Aging
- National Insurance Company Officers' Association (India)
- National Interfaith Coalition on Aging
- Nationwide Insurance Company of America
- National Iranian Central Oilfields Company (Tehran, Iran)
- Nursing Information Consortium of Orange County (California)
- National Information Center for Orphan Drugs and Rare Diseases
- National Intrepid Center of Excellence (Defense Centers of Excellence; Bethesda, MD)
- Network Information Center On-Line
- Network Information Center On-Line Aid System
- Nearly Intelligent Computer Operated Language Examiner (chatterbot)
- Network for Industrially Contaminated Land in Europe (EU)
- Naval Intelligence Command On-Line System
- National Insurance Corporation of Nigeria
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Intelligence Community as published on the National Intelligence Agency Website* NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE COORDINATING COMMITTEE (NICOC) NICOC is also supported by a staff complement which is responsible for day-to-day co-ordination.