The claim was made Wednesday by popular Bulgarian journalist and former Ambassador to Croatia, Velizar Enchev, who had also worked for 10 years (1986 a 1996) as an officer of the National Intelligence Agency.
What does NIA stand for?
NIA stands for National Intelligence Agency (South Africa and Thailand)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NIA
We have 184 other meanings of NIA in our Acronym Attic
- National Infantry Association
- National Information Account
- National Information Accounts Clearinghouse
- National Information Association
- National Institute of Accountants
- National Institute of Aerospace
- National Institute on Aging (US NIH; also seen as NIOA)
- National Insulation Association
- National Insulator Association
- National Insurance Act (various locations)
- National Intelligence Application (police incident code; New Zealand)
- National Investigation Agency (India)
- National Irrigation Administration (Philippines)
- Nature Improvement Area (Natural England; UK)
- Nature in Art (UK museum)
- Naval Intelligence Assessment
- Navy Industrial Association
- Nearest International Airport
- Neoplasia Intra-Epitelial Anal (Portugese)
- Neotropical Ichthyological Association (est. 1989)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Interior Ministry and the National Intelligence Agency decided then to set up a joint undercover taskforce to collect further intelligence information about the nature the group, regarding its affiliates, sources of financing and training.
There would be paramilitary agents, they would be based at the Consulate in Adana or the Incirlik Air Base," Giraldi said, adding that the agents would not cross into Syria but would direct intelligence operations from within Turkey in collaboration with Turkey's National Intelligence Agency (MIT).
Cihan, however, said Clapper also met with officials in the Turkish national intelligence agency and foreign ministry.
In response to a question by NINA concerning IS position on US troops staying or evacuation from Iraq, she said, "that IS, is not for the time a part of the security system of of defense, interior, internal security ,and national intelligence agency which all are run by one person, therefore, IS ,is unable to assess the security situation to make the decision whether or not US troops stay or depart , stressing that the IS , is with the sovereignty of Iraq and do not want a foreign army on its territory, but the question of evaluation remains, however, the security system run by one person.
Petraeus, who arrived in Ankara by a private plane, did not have any meetings in National Intelligence Agency (MIT) of Turkey.
Six Gambian army officers, including Tamba and the former director of the national intelligence agency, were convicted of treason alongside a local businessman and a Gambia-based Lebanese businessman in the 2009 case.
Recently Afghanistan national intelligence agency nabbed two Afghans who revealed that they were hired by Pakistan's ISI to kill Indian Consul General of Jalalabad.