In Nigeria, the ICD concept was introduced in 1979 when the defunct Elder Dempster Lines and the United Kingdom West Africa Liner Conference (UKWAL) collaborated with National Insurance Corporation of Nigeria (NICON) to establish ICD in Kano, under management of Inland Container Nigeria Limited (ICNL).
What does NICON stand for?
NICON stands for National Insurance Corporation of Nigeria
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NICON
We have 1 other meaning of NICON in our Acronym Attic
- National Intelligence Coordinating Committee (Republic of South Africa)
- National Iranian Central Oilfields Company (Tehran, Iran)
- Nursing Information Consortium of Orange County (California)
- National Information Center for Orphan Drugs and Rare Diseases
- National Intrepid Center of Excellence (Defense Centers of Excellence; Bethesda, MD)
- Network Information Center On-Line
- Network Information Center On-Line Aid System
- Nearly Intelligent Computer Operated Language Examiner (chatterbot)
- Network for Industrially Contaminated Land in Europe (EU)
- Naval Intelligence Command On-Line System
- Northwest Interstate Coalition of Neighborhoods (San Antonio, TX)
- National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis
- Ninth International Conference on Permafrost (climate)
- Northwest Interlibrary Cooperative of Pennsylvania
- New International Commentary on the Old Testament (book)
- National Indigenous Cadetship Project (Australia)
- National Inventory Control Point
- Naval Inventory Control Point
- Network Interface Computer Program (JTIDS)
- Neurology in Clinical Practice (publication)
Samples in periodicals archive:
At the time, the National Insurance Corporation of Nigeria (NICON) and Alexander Howden (its foreign insurance brokers) were entangled in a complex web of claims and counter-claims over unpaid insurance demands.