The National Institutes of Health Recombinant DNA Advisory Committee (RAC) was formed immediately after the Asilomar meeting and in 1976 the NIH released its guidelines for conducting research, based on the advice of the RAC, which had decided that nonmaleficence (safety) was the only end to be considered.
What does NIH RAC stand for?
NIH RAC stands for National Institutes of Health Recombinant DNA Advisory Committee
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Now I've Got You
- Now I've Got You Son of A Bitch
- Now I've Got You You Son of A Bitch
- Nationaal Instituut voor Gezondheidsbevordering en Ziektepreventie (Dutch: National Institute for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention)
- National Institute of Hydrology (India)
- National Institutes of Health (US)
- Natural Infant Hygiene
- Neointimal Hyperplasia
- News in Health (National Institutes of Health)
- Not Invented Here
- National Institutes of Health Collaborative Clinical Trials in Transplantation
- National Institutes of Health Chronic Prostatitis Symptom Index
- National Institutes of Health Rapid Access to Interventional Development
- National Institutes of Health Autism Coordinating Committee
- National Institutes of Health/National Cancer Institute
- Nickel Hydrogen
- National Inline Hockey Association (Canada)
- National Integrated Health Associates (Washington, DC)
- Neointimal Hyperplasia Area
- Neutral Independent Humanitarian Action (International Committee of the Red Cross)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In June, the National Institutes of Health Recombinant DNA Advisory Committee gave Lotze permission to pursue IL12 gene therapy.
Previous approval to Lindow by the National Institutes of Health Recombinant DNA Advisory Committee has been tied up in litigation (SN: 3/9/85, p.