The results showed a trend of improvements in National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Score(NIHSS), modified ranking scale (mRS) and modified barthel index at day 0, day 1, day 7 and at follow up at 3 months.
What does NIHSS stand for?
NIHSS stands for National Institute of Health Stroke Scale
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 3 other meanings of NIHSS in our Acronym Attic
- Norwegian Institute of Human Rights
- Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission (UK)
- National Institute of Health Research and Development (Jakarta, Indonesia)
- National Institute for Hometown Security (Somerset, KY)
- National Institute of Health Sciences, Japan
- National Intercollegiate Horse Show
- Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences (Lausanne, Switzerland)
- North Iredell High School (North Carolina)
- Northern Islands High School (Wotje Atoll)
- Not Invented Here Syndrome
- National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale Score
- Northern Ireland Health and Social Wellbeing Survey (UK)
- Nothing Important Happened Today (X-Files episode)
- National Institutes for the Humanities (Japan)
- Non-Injecting Heroin User
- Nepal Independent Hotel Workers' Union
- Now I Have You Son of a Bitch
- National Immigration Institute
- National Implementation Issue
- National Income Inquiry
Samples in periodicals archive:
Key Words: Stroke, Stroke response team, TPA, Rural hospital, Remote Evaluation for Acute Ischemic Stroke (REACH), National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) INTRODUCTION Stroke, a substantial public health problem because of high incidence, prevalence, mortality and economic burden is the leading cause of long-term disability and the third leading cause of death in the United States (National Institute of Health, 2005).