The project harnesses the technologies and management services of disaster risk reduction activities offered by the DOST through the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services (PAGASA), the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS), and the DOST-Advanced Science and Technology Institute in partnership with the UP National Institute of Geological Sciences and the UP College of Engineering.
What does NIGS stand for?
NIGS stands for National Institute of Geological Sciences (Philippines)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NIGS
- Not in Good Order
- Nanjing Institute of Geology and Paleontology (China)
- National Income Generating Programme (Tanzania)
- National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc.
- Nursing in General Practice (Australia; Nursing in General Practice Training and Support Initiative)
- Nursing Innovation Grant Program (Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board)
- National Institute on Genealogical Research (National Archives in Washington, DC, and College Park, MD)
- National Indian Gaming Regulatory Act
- Northern Ireland Gay Rights Association
- National Institute for Genealogical Studies (Canada)
- Noise Insulation Grant Scheme (Ministry of Defence; UK)
- Northern Ireland Grain Trade Association (agriculture; UK)
- New International Greek Testament Commentary
- North Island Grid Upgrade (New Zealand)
- Nederlandse Indoor Golf Vereniging (Dutch: Dutch Indoor Golf Association; Netherlands)
- Now I've Got You
- Now I've Got You Son of A Bitch
- Now I've Got You You Son of A Bitch
- Nationaal Instituut voor Gezondheidsbevordering en Ziektepreventie (Dutch: National Institute for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention)
- National Institute of Hydrology (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The quakes, tectonic in origin, had nothing to do with the eruption of a recently discovered undersea volcano, the Kawio Barat, Mahar Lagmay, associate professor at the University of the Philippines National Institute of Geological Sciences, told the Inquirer.