All hospitals are advised to conduct tests on patience who have been suffering from chronic cold, cough and breathing trouble, the common symptoms, which are generally treated as allergy," Sekhar Chakrabarti, director of National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases.
What does NICED stand for?
NICED stands for National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Northern Illinois Computer Exchange
- Nosocomial Infection Control in Europe
- New Integrated Case Environments for Space
- Noise-Immune Cavity-Enhanced Optical Heterodyne Molecular Spectroscopy
- Northern Illinois Conference Evangelical Association
- National Toxicology Program Center for the Evaluation of Alternative Toxicological Methods
- NTP (National Toxicology Program) Interagency Center for the Evaluation of Alternative Toxicological Methods
- National Institute for Careers Education and Counselling (UK)
- Northern Ireland Centre for European Co-Operation (UK)
- National Intelligence Community Enterprise Cyber Assurance Program (US Air Force)
- National Information Center of Earthquake Engineering (India)
- National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting (UK)
- National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contractors (UK)
- National Institute for Citizen Education in the Law (est. 1985)
- Nigerian Institute for Christian Education and Leadership
- National Information Center for Educational Media
- National Instrumentation Center for Environmental Management (est. 1992; South Korea)
- Northern Ireland Council for Ethnic Minorities (UK)
- National Institute of Certified Estate Planners
- Network Information and Control Exchange Protocol
Samples in periodicals archive:
Six isolates from outbreak 1 and 11 isolates from outbreak 2 were sent to the National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases (Kolkata, India) for confirmation.
With advancement in biotechnology, improved diagnostic procedures and discovery of a large number of pathogenic enteric microorganisms during 1970s, this Centre was elevated to a full-fledged research establishment with the status of a National Institute in 1979 and renamed as National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases (NICED).
Byline: ANI Kolkata, March 23 (ANI): A study conducted by the National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases (NICED) has found at least six out of every 554 street children in the age group of five to fourteen in Kolkata are HIV positive, while 22 suffer from syphilis.
Clemens * * International Vaccine Institute, Seoul, Korea; ([dagger]) Guangxi Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Nanning, People's Republic of China; ([double dagger]) Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan; ([section]) National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases, Kolkata, India; ([paragraph]) National Institute of Health, Research and Development, Jakarta, Indonesia; and (#) Sanger Institute, Cambridge, United Kingdom Mr Ochiai is associate research scientist at the International Vaccine Institute, coordinating the Diseases of the Most Impoverished Typhoid Fever Program.
National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases (NICED) developed this new vaccine with the help of scientists from Institute of Microbial Technology in northern Chandigarh and Institute of Chemical Biology in Kolkata.
To the Editor: The National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases (ICMR), Kolkata, India, conducted a serologic study in July 2003 to determine the rate of hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection of brothel-based commercial sex workers.
The research team from National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases (NICED) in Kolkata, India and International Vaccine Institute (IVI), Korea showed that vaccine Vi polysaccharide is ideally suited to use in developing countries and can offer protection to almost 80pct of the children.