Professor Ashley Adamson has won a five-year professorship from the National Institute for Health Research, which will focus on the prevention and treatment of obesity.
What does NIHR stand for?
NIHR stands for National Institute for Health Research (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NIHR
We have 2 other meanings of NIHR in our Acronym Attic
- National Ice Hockey Officials Association
- National Inventors Hall of Fame
- Namibia Integrated Health Programme
- National Institute for Health Promotion (Hungary)
- National Institute of Health Policy (est. 1998; Minneapolis, MN)
- Northern Illinois Health Plan
- Northern Integrative Health Practice (UK)
- National Institutes of Health Public Access
- Northern Indiana Historical Power Association
- Northern Ireland Household Panel Survey (UK)
- Northern Illinois Hobby Retailers (Chicago, IL)
- Northern Ireland Hospital Radio (UK)
- Norwegian Institute of Human Rights
- Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission (UK)
- National Institute of Health Research and Development (Jakarta, Indonesia)
- National Institute for Hometown Security (Somerset, KY)
- National Institute of Health Sciences, Japan
- National Intercollegiate Horse Show
- Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences (Lausanne, Switzerland)
- North Iredell High School (North Carolina)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Healthcare Technology Co-operative scheme is run by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) and provides funding to NHS organisations to act as centres of expertise, developing new concepts which are applicable across the NHS.
South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, which runs James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough, was third in a league table published by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Research Network.
Last year, a National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) programme development grant had been applied for to look at the health visiting contribution to universal prevention and early intervention services that led to desirable outcomes for children at one year.
MOORFIELDS CONSULTANT James Bainbridge has been awarded a research professorship from the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR),the award will provide a 1.
Cardiff Business School has a pounds 330,000 grant from the National Institute for Health Research Service Delivery and Organisation Programme.
The trial is being led by Dr Kamran Siddiqi, of Leeds University, and is funded by the National Institute for Health Research Public Health Research programme.