23, when 154,873 were conducted by the FBI National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).
What does NICBCS stand for?
NICBCS stands for National Instant Criminal Background Check System
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Telefonía de Nicaragua (Spanish)
- Northern Ireland Credit Accumulation and Transfer System
- National Industrial Conference Board (est. 1916)
- National Institute for Cellular Biotechnology (Ireland)
- National Insurance Crime Bureau
- National Intelligence Collection Board
- Nebraska Independent Community Bankers
- Nepal Industrial and Commercial Bank
- Net Income on Clearing Balances
- National Instant Criminal Background Check
- Nothing Is Certain But Death and Taxes
- National Industries Company for Building Materials (Kuwait)
- Nagano International Culture College (Japan)
- NASA Illinois Commercialization Center
- National Independent Contractor Company
- National Indoor Cricket Centre (Lyneham, Canberra, Australia)
- National Infocomm Competency Centre
- National Infrastructure Coordinating Center (US Department of Homeland Security)
- National Insurance Conference of Canada (annual event)
- National Interagency Coordination Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
And the National Instant Criminal Background Check System maintained by the FBI has its own loopholes.
For the 25th straight month, the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) reports an increase in checks compared to the same month during the past two years.
Categories: May 5, 2010, Accountability, Background investigations, Counterterrorism, Criminal background checks, Data collection, Explosives, FBI National Instant Criminal Background Check System, Federal/state relations, Firearms, Government information dissemination, Gun control law, Homeland security, Information access, Information disclosure, Investigations by federal agencies, Law enforcement agencies, National instant criminal background check system, Passenger screening, Records, Terrorism, Terrorists
The governor's bill would also authorize the state to adopt the National Instant Criminal Background Check System improvements contained in a 2007 law adopted in the wake of the Virginia Tech massacre.
The National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Section of the FBI's Criminal Justice Information Services Division has completed 10 years of operation.