Federal law requires licensed firearms dealers to conduct such checks using the FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System.
What does NICBC stand for?
NICBC stands for National Instant Criminal Background Check
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Northern Illinois Center for Adaptive Technology
- Telefonía de Nicaragua (Spanish)
- Northern Ireland Credit Accumulation and Transfer System
- National Industrial Conference Board (est. 1916)
- National Institute for Cellular Biotechnology (Ireland)
- National Insurance Crime Bureau
- National Intelligence Collection Board
- Nebraska Independent Community Bankers
- Nepal Industrial and Commercial Bank
- Net Income on Clearing Balances
- National Instant Criminal Background Check System
- Nothing Is Certain But Death and Taxes
- National Industries Company for Building Materials (Kuwait)
- Nagano International Culture College (Japan)
- NASA Illinois Commercialization Center
- National Independent Contractor Company
- National Indoor Cricket Centre (Lyneham, Canberra, Australia)
- National Infocomm Competency Centre
- National Infrastructure Coordinating Center (US Department of Homeland Security)
- National Insurance Conference of Canada (annual event)
Samples in periodicals archive:
23, when 154,873 were conducted by the FBI National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).
Lott explained that "the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).
Obama's guest column pleaded with gun control advocates and opponents to lay down their rhetorical weapons long enough to get together on improving the National Instant Criminal Background Check System.
Categories: May 5, 2010, Accountability, Background investigations, Counterterrorism, Criminal background checks, Data collection, Explosives, FBI National Instant Criminal Background Check System, Federal/state relations, Firearms, Government information dissemination, Gun control law, Homeland security, Information access, Information disclosure, Investigations by federal agencies, Law enforcement agencies, National instant criminal background check system, Passenger screening, Records, Terrorism, Terrorists
The governor's bill would also authorize the state to adopt the National Instant Criminal Background Check System improvements contained in a 2007 law adopted in the wake of the Virginia Tech massacre.