During Healthy Vision Month, the National Eye Institute (NEI), part of the National Institutes of Health, encourages people and organizations around the world to recognize the value of the sense of sight and make vision health a priority.
What does NEI stand for?
NEI stands for National Eye Institute (NIH)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NEI
We have 117 other meanings of NEI in our Acronym Attic
- North of England Homing Union (homing pigeon enthusiasts; UK)
- New England HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) Workgroup
- New England Horror Writers (est. 2001)
- No Enjoyment, Hard Work
- North East Hants Youth League
- National Education Institute (Slovenia)
- National Elevator Industry
- National Emission Inventory
- National Executive Institute (FBI Academy)
- National Expertise Index (Canada)
- Nederlands Economisch Instituut (Dutch: Netherlands Economic Institute)
- Netherlands East Indies
- Network Element Integration
- Network Elements Incorporated
- Network Engineering, Inc. (Indianapolis, IN)
- Network Engines Incorporated
- Network Enterprises, Inc. (various locations)
- Network Equipment Identifier
- Neutrophil Elastase Inhibitor
Samples in periodicals archive:
The National Eye Institute (NEI) is the primary institute of the NIH for supporting and conducting research on preventing, diagnosing, and treating eye diseases and other vision disorders.
The National Eye Institute (NEI), in collaboration with the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), has made available more than 72,000 lens photographs and fundus photographs of the back of the eye, collected from the participants of the Age-Related Eye Disease Study (AREDS).
Fogarty International Center (FIC) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), in partnership with the National Eye Institute (NEI), the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI), the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), the NIEHS, the National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS), the Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (OBSSR), the Office of Dietary Supplements (ODS), and the Office of Research on Women's Health (ORWH), invites applications from current and former NIH-supported foreign research trainees to compete for funds that will support their research efforts upon return to their home countries.
The National Eye Institute reported in 1997 that age-related macular degeneration causes visual impairment in an estimated 1.