Nicolas de Brauwere, from Redwings Horse Sanctuary and chairman of the National Equine Welfare Council, said: "It is an extremely serious state of affairs.
What does NEWC stand for?
NEWC stands for National Equine Welfare Council
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NEWC
We have 4 other meanings of NEWC in our Acronym Attic
- North East Wide Area Network
- National Education Welfare Board (est. 2002; Ireland)
- New Employee Welcoming Board (US NASA)
- New Black Overclass
- New England Women Business Owners (Chestnut Hill, MA)
- No Evil Will Befall You
- National Electric Welding Company
- National Engineers Week Committee
- New England Whippet Club
- New England Wildlife Center (South Weymouth, MA)
- New England Writers Centre (est. 1994; Australia)
- North East Windhill Community Association (UK)
- Electronic Warfare Capabilities and Programs of Nato Nations
- Northeast Workshop on Circuits and Systems (Canada)
- North East Wales Carers Information Service (UK)
- Network of Excellence in Wireless Communications (Europe)
- Naked Egg Web Design (Australia)
- Network for Entrepreneurs With Disabilities (est. 1995; Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The RSPCA and the National Equine Welfare Council in conjunction with the Welsh Government held a stakeholder meeting in September to discuss the issue and look at finding a way forward.
There are many horse welfare charities, and 60 of them are members of the National Equine Welfare Council (NEWC), the united voice for the industry on equine welfare matters.
Alnorthumbria's Lesley Barwise-Munro, a past president of the British Equine Veterinary Association (BEVA) and honorary vice president of the National Equine Welfare Council (NEWC), said: "The new clinic facilitates the additional care that is often needed if a horse, pony or donkey requires hospitalisation or further diagnostics such as X-rays, scan, endoscopy, performance assessment or surgical procedures.
We are regularly inspected and approved by the ILPH and on the strength of our results we have recently been invited to become Members of the National Equine Welfare Council.